Day 1: To Lower Prices or Raise Standards?
- Strategic Planning: Identifying and Developing Distinctive Points of Difference
- Creating a Great First and Lasting Impression
- Merchandising Magic 3.0 – The 5 Key Merchandising Principles
- In Search of Freshness: The Great Differentiator
- Recruiting Strategies…What You Don’t Know Could Really Hurt You! – Deb Keller
- Crafting a SMARRTEST Goal: Let’s end day one with another plan to improve!
Evening Activity: Group Assignment
With your group, you will read Supermarket Rules (book provided) and pick your 5 favorite rules to adopt.
Day 2: Building Sales, Controlling Costs!
Early Bird Session: Drilling Down for More Sales Dollars
- Supermarket Rules (52 of them!)
- Resuscitating Center Store Sales. It’s Not Too Late!
- Asset Protection: The Art and Science – Bill Alford/Joe Laufenberg
- Crafting a SMARRTEST Goal: Let’s end day two with a plan to improve!
Evening Activity: Store Tour – Downtown Chicago
With your team, visit food retail stores, and agree on the best take-away to share with the class next morning.
Day 3: The Power of Passionate People
Early Bird Session: Creating a Cost-Effective Employee Orientation Program
- Am I the Leader I Need to Be?
- Employee Retention Rules…Sneak peek into Harold’s New Book
- Creating your Listening Culture – Doug Madenberg
- Achieving Superior Customer Relations with Engaged Employees
- Crafting a SMARRTEST Goal: Let’s end day three with another plan to improve!
Evening Activity: Share your SMARRTEST Goals
With your team, you will identify your top 2 take-aways from the first two days and draft your SMARRTEST Goals.
Day 4: Store Culture and Effectiveness
“Culture is not the most important thing, it’s the only thing” – Costco’s co-founder, Jim Sinegal
- Creating a Positive Work Culture/Enhancing Employee Performance
- Working and Learning with New Technologies – The Role of Middle Managers
- Flatter Organizations, Smaller Budgets and Lifelong Learning
- Strategies to Improve Retention – How to Optimize the Formation of Memory
- Best Practices in E-Learning for the Supermarket Industry
|Paulo Goelzer, Ph.D
IGA Coca-Cola Institute
Retail Learning Institute
|Harold C. Lloyd
Harold Lloyd Presents
|Joe Laufenberg Sr.
|Deb Keller VP of Compliance Reference Services, Inc.
||Bill Alford President International Lighthouse Group, Inc.
||Doug Madenberg Principal Retail Feedback Group